Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/apricot-spice-infused-bourbon/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Apricot & Spice Infused Bourbon
- 1 750 ml bottle of bourbon
- 2 cups [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1uCx7qy"]dried apricots[/aflink], roughly chopped
- 1 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut in two
- 2 [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1vMd1JG"]cinnamon sticks[/aflink]
- 1-2 [aflink u="http://amzn.to/13kswCF"]whole star anise pods[/aflink]
- Add your apricots, ginger and spices to an infusing vessel with a tight fitting lid. I like to use a quart sized mason jar. Pour your bourbon into the jar until it is full and close the jar with the tight fitting lid. Allow it to sit on the counter, or in a cool dark place for 3-7 days. Begin testing your infusion after three days to see if it is infused to your liking. The longer you infuse it, the more intense the flavor will be.
- Once it has reached your desired level of doneness, strain the apricots and spices from the liquid using a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Since the apricots will have soaked up a good deal of the booze, use a wooden spoon to press down on them and release as much of the liquid as possible.
- Bottle up your infused bourbon. Add a label and a bow if so desired. Drink it. Gift it. Be merry.