Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/arugula-salad-with-sausage-and-strawberries-paleo-friendly-gluten-free/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Arugula Salad With Sausage And Strawberries
- 1 uncooked sausage link (I used Andouille for this recipe, but you could sub in your favorite sausage)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped
- 1 bag of arugula (I purchased mine at Trader Joes)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat up a small amount of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Remove your sausage from its casing and place into the hot pan along with your onions.
- When the sausage begins to brown, chop it up with a spatula and continue to cook it until there is no remaining pink and it is cooked through. Your onions will also cook down and begin to caramelize. Make sure you stir your mixture occasionally to prevent your onions from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Add your arugula to a large bowl and dress it with a little bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss your greens in order to make sure they are fully dressed.
- Layer your cooked sausage and onions on top of your dressed arugula.
- Finish by adding in your strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!