Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/baked-apples-with-whipped-peanut-butter-cream/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Baked Apples with Whipped Peanut Butter Cream
- 4 large apples, cored
- 4 teaspoons [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1VRtsDC"]ghee[/aflink], butter or [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1VRtvj1"]coconut oil[/aflink]
- [aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EHYWr"]Cinnamon[/aflink], to taste
- 1 Tbsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1QsQwVE"]coconut sugar[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Dark chocolate shavings, or chocolate chips, to top. (Optional)
Peanut Butter Cream
- 1 14oz can of [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1QsQBIT"]coconut cream[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter (can sub in nut butter of your choice if you're avoiding peanuts)
- 2 Tbsp.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1VRtFH4"] maple syrup[/aflink]
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add your cored apples to a small baking dish, such as a brownie pan. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon of ghee (butter, or coconut oil can be used here) into each of the apple's centers, where the core has been removed. Sprinkle the apples liberally with cinnamon, and sprinkle the coconut sugar evenly over all four apples. Add the filtered water into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the apples for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the apples are soft and cooked through.
- While the apples bake, whip up the peanut butter cream. Add the coconut cream, peanut butter and maple syrup to a mixing bowl. Use and electric hand mixer to whip the mixture until it resembles the consistency of whipped cream.
- Allow your apples to cool slightly before serving, then serve them with a generous dollop of peanut butter whipped cream and some chocolate shavings or chocolate chips to top. Note--if you serve the apples hot, the whipped topping will melt. It still tastes absolutely incredible. Enjoy!