Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/chipotle-lime-salmon-cakes/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Chipotle Lime Salmon Cakes
7-9 salmon cakes adjust servings
This recipe was inspired by my awesome lady-friend Beth over at Tasty Yummies
- 2 6oz cans of [aflink u="http://amzn.to/2bznPsM"]wild Alaskan salmon[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
- The zest of 1 small lime
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/2bMW2sc"]Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo[/aflink]
- 5 Tbsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/2c576yO"]Otto's Cassave Flour[/aflink]
- 1 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/2bMVnaa"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/2bwkEEZ"]chili powder[/aflink]
- [aflink u="http://amzn.to/2c58wcS"]Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil[/aflink] (enough to coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet with 1/4 inch of oil)
- Drain the cans of salmon, and add the fish to a large mixing bowl. Break it up with a fork so it is flaky. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, scallions, and lime zest. Stir together until everything is distributed evenly.
- Now, add in the egg, Chipotle Lime Mayo, cassava flour and spices. Mix again until the mixture is moist throughout and well mixed.
- Add the avocado oil to the bottom of the skillet until it is about 1/4 of an inch deep. Heat it up over medium/high heat. To see if it's hot enough to fry in, get a little bit of water on your finger tips and flick it into the pan. Once it's hot, the water will sizzle back at you.
- Using your hands, divide the salmon up into cakes. Use your hands to form the cakes. I find that with this amount of fish I can make between 7-9 cakes. Since the mixture is a a bit soft, I find it easiest to shape the cake with my hands, place the cake on a spatula and then gently flip the cake into the oil.
- Once the cakes are in the pan, allow them to cook for about two minutes on each side or until your desired level of crispiness. Remove the cooked cakes form the pan and set them aside on a paper towel covered plate. The paper towel will help to soak up any avocado oil on the surface. Fry the rest of your cakes in the same way.
- Once your cakes are done, serve them up with a side of the Chipotle Lime Mayo for dipping! Enjoy!