Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/chocolate-banana-buckwheat-pancakes-gluten-free/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Chocolate + Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1ApdtU0"]buckwheat flour[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1EYlyzG"] raw cacao powder[/aflink]
- 2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1MBycu4"]gluten-free baking powder[/aflink]
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1G8UMWy"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1w213mn"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/19Edzyd"]full-fat coconut milk[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1COyZzX"]maple syrup[/aflink]
- Additional banana, peeled and sliced
- [aflink u="http://amzn.to/19Ee63l"]Chocolate chips[/aflink] (optional)
- [aflink u="http://amzn.to/19Efumz"]Coconut oil[/aflink], for the pan
- Add your buckwheat flour, cacao, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt into a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk all of the ingredients together until it is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your mashed banana, egg, coconut milk and maple syrup. Whisk this mixture well until it all comes together. The banana doesn't have to be perfectly smooth, but it should be incorporated into the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add your dry ingredients slowly into your wet ingredients and whisk together until you get a pancake batter without any dry patches or lumps.
- Heat up a skillet with a little bit of coconut oil in the bottom of the pan. Once the coconut oil is hot, pour a quarter cup or so per pancake into the pan. Place a couple of sliced bananas into each pancake along with a couple of chocolate chips. Allow the pancakes to cook on the first side. You will start to see bubbles in the middle of the pancakes as they become ready to flip. Once the first side is cooked, flip your pancake and cook until it is cooked through. Another minute or two. Continue to do this with the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and extra maple syrup! Enjoy!