Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/crispy-old-bay-french-fries-with-sweet-onion-cashew-dip/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Crispy Old Bay French Fries With Sweet Onion Cashew Dip
2 servings adjust servings
- 2 large russet potatoes,scrubbed well and cut into fries
- 1 Tbsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EDzCJ"]ghee[/aflink] (can sub in [aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EDHCi"]coconut oi[/aflink]l to make them vegan)
- 1/2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EDOO5"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1poiZVZ"]old bay seasoning[/aflink]
- 3 tsp.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EE27T"] tapioca starch[/aflink]
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EE53H"]raw cashews[/aflink], soaked for a few hours or up to overnight
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/21EEe7n"]dehydrated onions[/aflink]
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1poj6Rx"]sea salt[/aflink]
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Minced chives, to top
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the cut potatoes, ghee, salt, old bay and tapioca starch to a mixing bowl. Use clean hands to toss the fries until they are completely coated with ghee and seasoning.
- Pour the fries out onto the parchment lined baking sheet, and arrange them into a single layer. Bake them for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven, flip them and bake them for another 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- While the fries are in the oven, start on the dip. Drain your soaked cashews, and add them to a high speed blender with the almond milk, dehydrated onions, garlic, sea salt and lemon juice. Process until it is smooth and creamy. You might need to use a tamper. Once it's completely smooth, put it into your desired serving dish and top with chives.
- Serve the french fries hot with some of the dip on the side for dippin'! Enjoy!