Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/crock-pot-carne-asada-lettuce-wraps/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Crock-Pot Carne Asada Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lbs steak ( I used boneless sirloin, but you can use any cut you choose. Tougher cuts are completely fine, since the slow cooking will make them very tender.)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbs minced garlic (about 4 cloves, chopped)
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 4oz can of fire roasted diced green chiles (I got mine at Trader Joes)
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- Lettuce leaves (butter lettuce, romaine, iceberg)
- Avocado, sliced
- Salsa verde
- Fire roasted salsa
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges
- Rinse off your steak and pat it dry.
- Liberally cover it with salt, pepper and granulated garlic on either side. Set aside.
- Chop up your onions and tomatoes.
- In the bottom of your crock-pot, add your beef broth.
- Place your steak on top of the broth and cover your steak with the onion, tomatoes, garlic and green chilies.
- Add in your lime juice, pouring it evenly over the whole mixture.
- Add in your chili powder, cumin and cayenne evenly over the whole mixture.
- Set your crock-pot on a low setting and allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once it is done, shred your beef by using two forks. It should shred very easily.
- Serve up on a lettuce cup with your favorite sauces and toppings!