Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/crock-pot-kalua-chicken-tacos-with-chili-lime-mango-salsa/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Crock-Pot Kalua Chicken Tacos With Chili Lime Mango Salsa
Serves 4 adjust servings
- 1.5-2lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbs [aflink u=" http://amzn.to/1kwta24"]Hawaiian sea salt[/aflink]
- 1 tbs [aflink u=" http://amzn.to/1nQtgGV"]liquid smoke[/aflink]
Chili Lime Mango Salsa
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 6 sprigs of cilantro, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Guacamole (fresh or store bought)
- Corn tortillas
- If you're grain-free you can sub in butter lettuce leaves or a leaf of your choice for the tortillas!
- Plug in your slow cooker and turn it to low.
- Add your chicken thighs, liquid smoke and Hawaiian sea salt. Make sure that all of your thighs are coated evenly. Put on the lid to your slow cooker and cook on low for five hours or until chicken thighs are cooked through and tender. Use a couple of forks to shred your chicken.
- Once your thighs are about done, make your salsa. Add your chopped up mango, green onions, cilantro, chili and lime to a bowl and mix well. Let it sit for fifteen minutes or so in order to marinate a bit.
- Once your chicken and your salsa are ready, heat up your tortillas and pack them with each of the elements! Enjoy!