Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/daikon-and-carrot-noodle-salad-with-sesame-ginger-dressing/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Daikon And Carrot Noodle Salad With Sesame Ginger Dressing
Feeds 1-2 hungry humans adjust servings
- 1 very large carrot (girth is important here. The thicker, the easier it is to run through the spiralizer)
- 1 large daikon radish
- 1 large green apple
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29xJvWg"]raw cashews[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/295IF0Y"]finely shredded coconut[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29ecEHQ"]golden raisins[/aflink]
- 1 heaping Tbsp.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/29ed7K4"]toasted sesame seeds[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29edxQI"]avocado oil[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/297JjvC"]apple cider vinegar[/aflink]
- 1 Tbsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29xKAgU"]toasted sesame oil[/aflink]
- 1 Tbsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/295HTRH"]tamari[/aflink] (or, sub in [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29c5faF"]coconut aminos[/aflink] to make it Paleo)
- 1 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/298HIGB"]Red Boat Fish Sauce[/aflink]
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/295Igfi"]minced ginger[/aflink]
- 1 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29edUe8"]raw honey[/aflink] (if you're vegan, try subbing in [aflink u="http://amzn.to/29xM1fd"]maple syrup![/aflink])
- Using a spiralizer (this is the one I used for this salad). spiralize the carrot, daikon radish and apple using the blade with the smallest grates. Add the noodles to a bowl to create the base of your salad.
- Top with chopped cucumbers and scallions. In a small pan, lightly toast the cashews and the coconut flakes until they are just golden brown and fragrant.Make sure to stir frequently and keep an eye on them so they don't burn. It happens quickly. Add this mix to the top of the salad along with the golden rasins and sesame seeds.
- To make the dressing combine all of the items under "dressing" into a mason jar. Give it a good whisk with a fork. Cover the jar with a lid and shake until the dressing comes together. This is just the method I used here. You could mix them together how ever you'd like. Use a whisk, or a blender. You're totally in control here. ?
- Once your dressing is ready, pour it over your salad and toss. Serve and enjoy!