Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/delicata-pomegranate-avocado-kale-salad-gluten-free-paleo-vegan/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Delicata, Pomegranate & Avocado Kale Salad
- 1/2 roasted delicata squash
- 1 head of kale, stemmed and cut
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash your delicata squash well. Cut it in half and place cut side down in a baking dish filled with a shallow amount of water. Maybe 1/2 an inch or so.
- Roast your squash for 20-30 minutes or until it is soft and can be easily punctured with a knife.
- While your squash is roasting, prepare your kale and whisk together all of the ingredients for your salad dressing. Once you have cut up your kale and added it to your salad bowl, pour your dressing onto and massage it into the leaves. This will help soften your kale leaves.
- Remove the seeds from 1/2 of a pomegranate and add to your salad.
- Once the squash is ready, cut it up (you can leave the skin on with this type of squash!) and lay it on top of your salad. Add your avocado, and you're ready to eat!