Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/easy-refrigerator-dill-pickles/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
- 2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 1 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 2 tbs pickling spice
- Wash and prep your cucumbers and dill.
- Peel your garlic and set aside.
- In a large pot add your apple cider vinegar, water and kosher salt. Bring it to a simmer.
- You can either use a 3 pint mason jar as I did, or you can make three 1 pint jars. If you are using 1 pint jars, divide your spices, garlic and dill evenly in each jar. If you are using a 3 pint jar like me, add all of your ingredients into that one jar.
- Add in your cucumbers and arrange them in the jar or jars.
- Add in the hot pickling liquid over your cucumbers, leaving approximately 1/2 inch of head-space.
- Close your jar and allow it to cool on the counter before putting in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours your pickles are ready to enjoy!