Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/giant-sunbutter-chocolate-chunk-cookies-gluten-free-paleo/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Giant Sunbutter & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (you can either buy this pre-made, or you can make your own by processing 2 cups of sunflower seeds in a food processor until it is smooth and creamy like almond butter)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped into chunks.
- Coarse sea salt, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of your ingredients except the chocolate chunks until they come together and mixed thoroughly.
- Once the batter comes together, fold in your chocolate chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and scoop your batter onto the baking sheet to form six cookies.
- If you like a little sea salt on the top of your cookies, sprinkle a little onto each cookie before putting it in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy cookie-monster style!