Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/gluten-free-pumpkin-pie-lets-talk-about-thanksgiving-round-up/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
- 1 recipe for [aflink u="https://soletshangout.com/gluten-free-buttermilk-apple-hand-pies/"]Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pie Crust[/aflink] (this recipe makes enough for two crusts)
- 1 (15oz) can of organic pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- granulated sugar for edge of pie (optional)
- I egg, beaten (to brush onto your crust)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out your gluten-free pie crust and lay it into a lightly greased 9 inch pie dish.
- Trim the edged and pinch them in. You can use a fork to pleat the edges if you want. I got fancy and made a braid with extra pie crust and stuck it around the edge.
- Put your pan with your pie crust back into the fridge while you prepare your filling ingredients.
- Add all of your filling ingredients into a stand mixer and process on high until it is very well combined and smooth.
- Pour your mixture into your prepared crust. Brush the edges of your crust with a beaten egg. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top and stick it into the oven. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, and then turn your oven down to 350 degrees. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until your pie sets, a skin form on top, and your crust is a lovely golden brown color.
- Allow pie to cool completely, and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve chilled plain or with whipped cream! Enjoy!