Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-apple-pear-crisp-gluten-free-paleo/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Apple & Pear Crisp
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp grass fed gelatin ([aflink u="http://amzn.to/16acW7p"]I used this one[/aflink])
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 pears
- 3 apples
- 2 cups almond meal
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice your pears and apples. Cut them to be roughly 1/4 inch thick.
- To make your filling, whisk together your apple juice, lemon juice, gelatin, and spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Add your chopped up pears and apples into the whisked apple juice mixture. Stir to coat.
- Transfer your now coated pears and apples into your baking dish. I used a 9 inch pie pan.
- To make your topping, combine your almond meal, salt, and spices in a mixing bowl.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together your coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until it all comes together into a thicker mixture.
- Pour your whisked coconut oil mixture into your dry topping ingredients. Using you hands, or a wooden spoon, mix it together until a course dough forms. Your mixture will be crumbly.
- Crumble your mixture on-top of the apples and pears in your pie dish.
- Cover the top of your crisp with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the top of your crisp is golden brown, and the juiced in your crisp are bubbly.
- Let your crisp cool for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Dish up, and serve! This goes really well with ice cream, or coconut whipped cream!!