Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-banana-blueberry-bundt-cake-with-oranges/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake with Oranges
- 3 cups [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1MQhQko"]blanched almond flour[/aflink]
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1PRRBVm"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1 teaspoon [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1N6MqRG"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1 heaping Tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1qnVnBK"]coconut oil[/aflink], melted
- 3 large eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 oranges, rind cut off, and cut into circles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bunt pan with extra coconut oil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, orange zest and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and eggs. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together. Add in the mashed bananas and mix further until a batter forms, and everything is mixed well. There should be no dry pockets.
- Fold in the blueberries gently until they are well incorporated.
- Add the orange circles to the bottom of your bunt pan. They will end up on top of your bunt cake after it is finished, so pattern it as you'd like it presented.
- Pour the batter over the orange slices, evenly into the bunt pan.
- Put the bunt pan onto a baking sheet, and slide the baking sheet into the oven to bake for 50-60 minutes, or until it is golden brown, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to rest and cool for at least 30 minutes before trying to release it from the pan. It should be cool enough to handle. Once ready, run a butter knife along the edges of the bunt cake in order to release it from the pan. Flip the pan gently until the cake is released onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for an additional 15 minutes. Once cool, cut into sections and serve! Enjoy!
- This cake is best enjoyed the day of, but if you have leftovers, wrap them tightly and put them in the fridge. Eat within the next couple of days.