Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-cardamom-spiced-plum-galette-the-zenbelly-cookbook-giveaway/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Cardamom Spiced Plum Galette
Serves 4 slices adjust servings
- 4 plums, cut into half moons 1/4 inch thick.
- 1 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1quFilr"]arrowroot powder[/aflink]
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1uZIRpR"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1DxtkSd"]cardamom[/aflink]
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/ZM0wG9"]coconut sugar[/aflink]
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1quF8dL"]almond meal[/aflink] (or [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1r9MdXp"]almond flour[/aflink])
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1quFilr"]arrowroot powder[/aflink]
- 1 tbs [aflink u="http://amzn.to/ZM0wG9"]coconut sugar[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1quFCAA"]gluten-free vanilla extract[/aflink]
- Additional egg (for egg wash)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, you're going to combine all of the ingredients for the fruit portion of the galette. Combine your plums, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, cardamom, coconut sugar and lemon juice. Toss gently until the fruit is coated evenly. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the almond meal, the remaining arrowroot powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Cut the cold butter into small pieces and work into the dough using either a pastry cutter, two knives or clean hands.
- Add one of the eggs and the vanilla extract into your dough. Keep mixing until a dough comes together.
- Wet your hands a bit and work the dough into a manageable ball. Lightly dust a piece of parchment paper with a bit of arrowroot powder. Place your ball of dough in the center of the parchment paper. Dust a rolling pin with a bit more arrowroot powder and roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. You want the crust to be thin, but not so thin that you can't fold it over to form the galette.
- Arrange the plums in the center of the rolled our pastry dough. Leave enough space on each edge so that you can fold in the edges of your galette.
- Carefully fold up the sides of the dough to the outer edges of the plums, leaving the fruit center uncovered.
- Beat the additional egg in a small dish and egg wash your galette using a pastry brush.
- Slide the parchment paper holding the galette gently onto a baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the fruit has softened.
- Cut into four slices and serve. Enjoy!
by Gina Marie