Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-dark-chocolate-brownies-with-macadamia-nuts-emilys-virtual-baby-shower/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies With Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1bEPWGS"]coconut sugar[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1NoLpG4"]maple syrup[/aflink]
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1NoLzNQ"]gluten-free vanilla extract[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup cassava flour ([aflink u="http://www.idevaffiliate.com/32360/idevaffiliate.php?id=126"]I used this one[/aflink])
- 2 tbs [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1bEQKLW"]raw cacao powder[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1D0QOQH"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1xJ7Mm8"]chocolate chips[/aflink]
- 1 cup roughly chopped [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1HULSj7"]macadamia nuts[/aflink]
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt your butter and your dark chocolate together in a medium sized sauce pan over low heat. Stir constantly so the chocolate and butter do not burn. Once it's melted, set aside and allow the mixture to cool for ten minutes.
- Once your mixture has cooled for ten minutes, whisk your sugar into the butter and chocolate mixture. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and whisk some more. Next, whisk each egg into the batter one at a time. After the eggs are in, whisk in the cassava flour. Whisk it well until the flour is completely mixed in and there are no lumps.
- Fold in your cacao and salt. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Pour your mixture into your parchment lined brownie pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Check your brownies after 30 minutes. They should be dense and fudgy, but a toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Once they are done, allow them to cool for fifteen minutes or so. Cut into brownie slices and serve warm. These would go great with a scoop of ice cream or a large glass of almond milk. Enjoy!