Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-ginger-cherry-berry-scones/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Ginger Cherry Berry Scones
- 1 3/4 cups [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1Pkw7Dh"]almond meal[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1JvIwAx"]flax seed meal[/aflink]
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1bjZ1Es"]coconut flour[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1yRvpZZ"]salt[/aflink]
- 2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1PkwRZ5"]ground ginger[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1yRvBsm"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1yRvLjs"]cloves[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1GjF7UW"]nutmeg[/aflink]
- 2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1GjFdvI"]gluten-free baking powder[/aflink]
- 1 tbs. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1yRvZqB"]coconut oil[/aflink], solid state
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1K6873H"]coconut sugar[/aflink]
- 1 1/2 cups[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1GjFBdK"] full fat coconut milk[/aflink]
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups frozen Very Cherry Berry Blend (I purchased mine from Trader Joes, but you can use any frozen or fresh berries of your choice)
- 1-2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1yRwwsF"]turbinado sugar[/aflink], to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the almond meal, flax meal, coconut flour, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir together until it is well combined.
- Work the cold coconut oil into the mixture using clean hands. This should make a crumbly dough mixture.
- Add the coconut sugar to the crumbly mixture and stir together. Add the coconut milk and stir until it is completely absorbed and combined well. It will start to ball up into a more workable dough.
- Gently fold in the frozen cherry berry blend, taking care not to stir too hard and break open all of the berries and cherries.
- Once the fruit has been folded in, create a ball out of the dough and place it into the middle of the parchment lined baking sheet. Use your hands to flatten the dough into an even disc. It should be about 10-12 inches in diameter and an inch or so in thickness.
- Using a knife, cut the disc into eight even pieces. Sprinkle the tops with a bit of turbinado sugar. This step is optional, but it gives the scones a night sweet crunch on top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the scones are a golden brown on the outside and crumbly on the inside. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Once they've had some time to cool, pull the cut segments apart into individual scones. Serve and enjoy!