Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-lemon-vanilla-cookies/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Lemon Vanilla Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1T6SZbl"]blanched almond flour[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1LDO3bM"]arrowroot starch[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1LDOdzL"]salt[/aflink]
- 1 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1LDOmmX"]baking soda[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1HGqo8R"]nutmeg[/aflink]
- Zest of an entire lemon
- 1/2 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1HGqptn"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup melted [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1ewrLLK"]coconut oil[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1LMVOw2"]raw honey[/aflink] (sub with maple syrup if you're vegan)
- 1 Tbs.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1ReOJJ7"]vanilla extract[/aflink]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, salt, nutmeg,baking soda, cinnamon, and lemon zest. Whisk together until everything is combined and there are no lumps in the almond flour
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil with the raw honey and whisk together. After you whisk it together well, pour this mixture into your dry ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough.
- If you find your dough is not coming together using just the spoon, you can use your hands to bring it all together into a ball. That should help it come together nicely.
- Once your dough is mixed together well, scoop out your cookies by the tablespoon and place them on the parchment lined baking sheets about two inches apart from one another. Gently press the scooped dough down with the palm of your hand to flatten it like a cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire cooling rack for at least 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
by Gina Marie