Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-spring-harvest-quiche-with-sausage-sun-dried-tomatoes-goat-cheese/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Spring Harvest Quiche with Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Goat Cheese
Serves 6 adjust servings
Note: You can make this quiche a day ahead of time, and gently reheat it in the oven the next day. If you're worried about the crust burning when you reheat, simply tent the whole thing with foil.
- 2 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HS01I1A/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00HS01I1A&linkCode=as2&tag=soleshaou-20&linkId=VWQU6LPDQLBGZA2Y"]blanched almond flour[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FTCE63G/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00FTCE63G&linkCode=as2&tag=soleshaou-20&linkId=M2BAMP4UNZKFQ76B"]arrowroot starch[/aflink]
- 1 large organic egg
- 3 Tbsp cold. grass fed butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E6BRUW/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000E6BRUW&linkCode=as2&tag=soleshaou-20&linkId=RTQ4XTT5ANACN7R3"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1MEptVO"]Italian seasoning[/aflink] (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/22xWSyb"]olive oil[/aflink]
- 1 large shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fully cooked sun dried tomato chicken sausage, sliced into circles (I bought mine at Trader Joe's)
- 12 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/22xX68h"]sun dried tomatoes[/aflink], oil strained off
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1o8QdaL"]full fat coconut milk[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1o8QdaL"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie dish with either butter or coconut oil and set it aside.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, egg, butter and sea salt into a food processor. Process together until a dough is formed. It should come together in a ball.
- Using clean hands, remove the ball of dough from the food processor and place it in the middle of the greased pie dish. Press the crust into the pan as evenly as possible, allowing it to go up the sides of the dish. You can also roll the ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper with a rolling pin, and flip the crust into the dish. I find that pressing it into the pan is much easier.
- Set your crust aside and start on your filling. Heat up olive oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Once it's hot, add in the shallots and the garlic. Saute together until the shallots are translucent. Add in the chopped up chicken sausage and allow it to get brown and crispy on the edges. Add in the asparagus, broccoli and sun dried tomatoes. Cook together until the vegetables are very tender.
- Once the filling is cooked, transfer it to the pie dish, on top of your uncooked pie crust. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, salt and goat cheese. Whisk it together well and then pour the mixture evenly on top of the vegetables in the pie crust.
- Place the pie dish on a baking sheet, and transfer it into the oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the quiche is cooked through the middle. Once cooked through, remove from oven and allow it to cool significantly. It it is too hot when you're slicing it, the filling will fall apart. It still tastes amazing, but it wont come out in clean slices. Giving it cooling time helps everything gel together and set.
- Once it has cooled a bit, slice it up and serve! Enjoy!