Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/grain-free-sweet-potato-waffle-breakfast-blt-with-garlic-basil-aioli-gluten-free-paleo/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Grain-Free Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast B.L.A.T. With Garlic Basil Aioli
6-7 waffles + 1/2 cup aioli. Or, approximately three sandwiches. adjust servings
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1z7LwiU"]coconut milk[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (skin removed)
- 3 Tbs grass fed butter, melted (sub [aflink u="http://amzn.to/15KQrLY"]coconut oil[/aflink] if you are sensitive to dairy)
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1ysGxpg"]raw cashews[/aflink]
- 1 tsp[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1CKBaYU"] baking soda[/aflink]
- 1 Tbs [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1z7Mdc3"]raw honey[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/18qOB4T"]sea salt[/aflink]
- [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1Bl1CUB"]Coconut oil[/aflink], to grease the waffle iron.
Garlic Basil Aioli
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1Bl1HaT"]apple cider vinegar[/aflink]
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1z7MZFN"]dijon mustard[/aflink]
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1LfjkAO"]avocado oil[/aflink]
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove of peeled garlic, chopped
For the sandwiches
- 1 lb crispy cooked bacon
- 1 head of butter lettuce, washed
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 1 fried egg per sandwich (optional)
- Plug in your waffle iron and set it on the lowest or second to lowest setting. Allow it to get hot. While it is heating up, add all of the waffle ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend together until you get a smooth batter. It will be thick, but pourable.
- Grease your hot waffle iron with a bit of coconut oil. In these situations I like to use a coconut oil spray as it's really easy to work with. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into your waffle iron and press it down. The waffle is going to start steaming. Once it's no longer steaming it is getting close to being done. Open the iron and inspect it for crispiness. If you are like me, you will want them on the crispy side. Simply allow the waffle to cook until it's reached your desired doneness. Now, repeat until all of your batter is gone. This should yield 6-7 waffles.
- To make your aioli, add the egg yolk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and mustard to a large measuring cup or bowl. Using your immersion blender, blend these ingredients together until they are well combined. Now, very slowly, while the immersion blender is still on, pour in the avocado oil in a controlled slow stream. This should begin to thicken your mixture. Continue to slowly pour the oil and blend the mixture. Once you've used up all of your oil and blended it in, it will resemble mayonnaise. Add a chopped up clove of garlic and chopped up basil leaves to the mayo. Blend with your immersion blender until it is combined well. This should yield a 1/2 cup of aioli.
- Once your waffles are done and your aioli is made, it's time to craft your sandwich. Use an entire waffle as the base of your sandwich and liberally apply mayo. Add in your desired fillings. I opted for avocado, lettuce, tomato, crispy bacon and a fried egg. Place another whole waffle directly on top to close the sandwich. Cut into quarters and enjoy!
*If you're not into making your own mayonnaise, that's fine too. Just use a 1/2 cup of your favorite brand and fancy it up with some garlic and basil with an immersion blender.