Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/honey-roasted-apricot-manhattans/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
- 12 apricots
- 2 tbs of [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1sPNfZ1"]raw honey[/aflink]
- Pinch of salt
- 2 roasted apricot halves
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes of [aflink u="http://amzn.to/VA6W8C"]angostura bitters[/aflink]
- Maraschino cherry, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your apricots in half and remove the pits. Place in a baking dish cut side up.
- Drizzle the hollows of your apricots with the honey, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip the apricots to be skin side up. Bake for another 5 minutes, until apricots are very soft.
- Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container with all of the syrup for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- To make the cocktail, muddle 2 roasted apricot halves into the bottom of a high ball glass.
- Add bourbon and sweet vermouth and continue to muddle until the apricots begin to liquefy. Stir in a few ice cubes, add a couple dashes of bitters and top with a cherry! Cheers!
by Gina Marie