Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/how-to-make-an-awesome-cauliflower-crust-pizza/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Awesome Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head of cauliflower (should make approximately 2-3 cups once it's processed)
- 2 tbs granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbs of [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1dyhVmd"]almond meal [/aflink] (optional)
- Plus, the toppings for your pizza! I used tomato sauce, salami, basil and mozzarella cheese, but you can use whatever you want! Get creative.
- Place a pizza pan or a pizza stone in your oven and turn the heat on to 450 degrees. Allow the pan to heat up inside the oven while you work on your crust.
- On a large cutting board lay out a large piece of parchment paper and lightly grease it. I used some olive oil spray. You can use whatever you have on hand.
- Wash and dry your head of cauliflower. Remove the stem and the leaves and chop into florets. Process your florets in a food processor until they resemble "powdery snow". Once processed your cauliflower should yield approximately 2-3 cups.
- Dump your cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl, cover it with a dish towel and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Once done, dump it out on to a clean dish towel and allow it to cool off for several minutes. You want it to be cool enough to handle without burning your fingers.
- Once it has cooled, wrap it up into that clean dish towel and ring it out over a bowl. You really want to go for it. Ring out as much water as your possibly can. The drier the pulp, the more likely your crust is to turn out chewy and to not fall apart.
- Once you are done ringing out the water from the cauliflower, put the now drier cauliflower pulp into a mixing bowl. Add in your spices and your cheese and mix together with clean hands. Add in your egg and mix together until it is thoroughly combined. If you mixture seems loose you can add in your almond meal and mix again.
- Form a ball with your mixture and place it into the center of your lightly greased parchment paper that you had set aside. Now, using clean hands push down on your mixture and form it into a pizza crust shape.
- Remove your hot pizza pan or pizza stone from the oven and using your cutting board slide the parchment paper containing your crust gently onto the hot pan.
- Place the pan, now containing the pizza crust, into the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes. Check periodically. If you crust does not seem like it is firming up give it a little bit longer. You want it to be golden brown on top and have a relatively firm texture before you load it up with toppings.
- Remove from oven and load your pizza up with toppings.
- Put you pan back into the oven with your loaded up pizza and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until your cheese is slightly browned and very melted and bubbly.
- Allow it to cool for a couple of minutes after you remove it from the oven. Cut with a pizza cutter and serve!