Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/how-to-make-coconut-butter/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (optional, as needed)
- Measure out your coconut flakes and put them into your food processor or into a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix. Add a dash of sea salt, if desired, and start blending.
- Process until your coconut starts to climb the sides of the machine. Stop and scrape the sides and continue to process. Repeat this process over and over until your mixture becomes smooth and almost liquid, much like peanut butter. This process can take upwards of 15 minutes depending on your machine. Just be patient and it will come together.
- If you are having a hard time having it all come together, even after a lot of blending, you can add a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil in order to help it come together easier.
- Your mixture is done when it is completely mixed together and the consistency of natural peanut butter. Store it in an airtight container. When your coconut butter cools off, it will become hard. You can heat it back up either by putting your container into a saucepan over a low heat, or by sticking it into a microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Make sure your container can withstand heat before heating it up with either of these methods.
by Gina Marie