Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/leek-and-asparagus-quiche-with-almond-meal-crust/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Leek and Asparagus Quiche With Almond Meal Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves or garlic, minced
- 1 small leek, chopped including green parts
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used plain almond milk)
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your almond flour, baking soda, salt and scallions into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a different bowl, whisk together your coconut oil and water.
- Stir your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients until it is thoroughly combined to form a dough mixture.
- Press your dough into the bottom of a well greased pie dish.
- Bake for 13 minutes or so, or until the crust becomes golden brown.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely before filling.
- While your crust is cooling, you can begin to prep your filling. Coat the bottom of a medium saucepan with your olive oil and allow it to heat up on the stove over medium heat.
- Once your olive oil is hot, add in your garlic and your leeks and saute until the leeks become soft and cook down.
- Once your leeks have cooked down a bit, add in your asparagus along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus softens slightly. This will only take a couple of minutes. Your asparagus should still be a vibrant green color.
- Once your mixture has cooked together nicely set it aside.
- Whisk together your five eggs and your milk in a separate bowl. Add in half of your grated cheese and whisk again.
- Layer your asparagus and leek mixture on top of your cooled almond meal crust.
- Pour your egg mixture on top of the asparagus mixture.
- Sprinkle the remainder on the cheese evenly on top of your quiche and salt and pepper the top as desired.
- Bake quiche at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and there is no liquid when a knife is inserted into the center. Your eggs should be completely cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so, and then serve it up and enjoy!
by Gina Marie