Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/lemon-roasted-salmon-with-pepita-pesto-quinoa-tomatoes/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Lemon Roasted Salmon With Pepita Pesto Quinoa & Tomatoes
Serves serves 6-8 adjust servings
- 1 tbs [aflink u="http://amzn.to/145WYR3"]olive oil[/aflink]
- 2 lb wild caught salmon fillet
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt, pepper & granulated garlic
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1swXZHo"]roasted & salted pepitas[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1strLMj"]olive oil[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1uXIL4F"]yellow quinoa[/aflink]
- 3 cups of [aflink u="https://soletshangout.com/tag/crock-pot-chicken-broth/"]chicken broth[/aflink]
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- Handful of basil leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1swXZHo"]roasted & salted pepitas[/aflink]
- Micro greens
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with tinfoil, grease the baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil so that the fish will not stick. Rinse your salmon fillet under water and then pat dry with paper towels. Place the fish on top of the greased baking sheet. Season generously with lemon juice, salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Once your oven has reached temperature place the salmon inside to bake for 30 minutes, or until it is tender and flaky in the center.
- Add the quinoa and chicken stock into the pot of a rice cooker and allow to cook until all of the liquid is absorbed. If you do not have a rice cooker, simply cook on the stove stop.
- Place all of the ingredients for the pesto into the food processor. Process until it turns into a creamy pesto. Add this pesto mixture to the quinoa once it is fully cooked. Stir into the quinoa so that all of the grains are coated and it becomes green in color. Add tomatoes into this mixture and stir.
- Add the quinoa to the bottom of a serving platter. Layer the salmon on top and garnish with any remaining diced tomatoes, basil leaves, pepitas and micro greens and lemon wedges. Now it's ready to serve! Enjoy!
by Gina Marie