Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/maple-bourbon-spice-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-apples/
© 2014 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Maple, Bourbon & Spice Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Apples
- 2 lbs of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, cored & sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1vwC4Gw"]coconut oil[/aflink], melted
- 1/4 cup[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1AtP29O"] maple syrup[/aflink]
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1xzc8JQ"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1xKsi4j"]ginger[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1uk2YuJ"]cardamom[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1z44m8N"]cloves[/aflink]
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Add your chopped up Brussels sprouts, apples and onion to a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, bourbon, lemon zest and spices. Whisk together until it's well combined. Pour this mixture over your chopped up veggies and apples. Using clean hands, toss everything together until the veggie mixture is coated really well with the liquid and spices.
- Pour the sprouts, apples and onions out onto the aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Spread them out evenly so that they all have a chance to crisp up nicely in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir them up and then return them to the oven for another 15-20 minutes. You want the apples to soften and the sprouts to become slightly soft and crispy on the outside.
- Serve as a side dish at your favorite meal. Garnish with pomegranate seeds for a little color and festive flair! Enjoy!