Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/quick-easy-homemade-guacamole/
© 2016 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Quick & Easy Homemade Guacamole
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded (add more or less depending on how spicy you like your guac!)
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro
- 4 large ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes (about a 1/4 cup of juice)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse it several times until a salsa forms.
- Add in the meat of the avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pulse again until creamy. For a chunky version, either pulse less or don't use the food processor for this step. Instead, combine the avocados, lime juice and salsa mixture into a bowl and mash together with a potato masher or a large fork until it's the right consistency. Either way, it will be delicious.
- Once you've gotten your desired consistency, taste and adjust the seasoning as desired! Enjoy! Store extra guacamole tightly covered in the fridge, place an avocado pit inside the stored guacamole to help maintain freshness. Use within a day or two.