Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/quick-pickled-red-onions-radishes/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Quick Pickled Red Onions & Radishes
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 red onion, sliced into circles (skin removed)
- 1 bunch of radishes, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1EGoBPA"]sea salt[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1OJpttl"]coconut sugar[/aflink]
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1PaX6iA"]pickling spice[/aflink]
- 1 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1EGp6t9"]apple cider vinegar[/aflink]
- Set three cups of water to boil. While it's boiling, remove the skin from your onion and slice it into thin circles. Remove the stems from your radishes and thinly slice them as well.
- Place your onions into a fine mesh strainer and blanch them by pouring the boiling water over top of them. This will soften them up a bit. Set them aside.
- Mix salt, sugar, garlic and spices on the bottom of a mason jar. I used a wide mouthed pint and a half sized mason jar for this recipe. Stir the vinegar into the jar until both the salt and the sugar dissolve.
- Add the blanched onions and radishes to the jar. Put a lid on the jar and shake it up to distribute the spices and the vinegar.
- Let the pickles sit in the brine for 30 minutes or up to overnight before they are ready to consume. Store the pickles in the refrigerator, They will keep for several weeks.