Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/raw-apple-pie-energy-bites-gluten-free-vegan-paleo/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Raw Apple Pie Energy Bites
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, soaked and pitted
- 1 cup dried apple rings
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup whole roasted flax seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Soak your dates in warm water for a couple of minutes. This will aid in the pitting process and make it easier. Once you dates have soaked, drain them and pit them all.
- Place your pitted dates into a food processor with your apple rings and process on high until they come together.
- Add in your almonds, cashews, flax seeds and cinnamon. Process on high again for a couple of minutes until a sticky dough like mixture has formed and your nuts and seeds have broken down quite a bit.
- After everything has come together, you can use your hands to form the dough into balls. I like to make mine about a tablespoon each.
- Place them in the freezer for an hour or so to allow them to firm up, then enjoy!
- You can store your energy bites in an airtight container such as a Tupperware for several months in your freezer. If you are planing on stacking your energy bites on top of each other, I would separate them with a layer of parchment paper so that they do not stick together.