Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/red-wine-braised-short-ribs/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- 3.5 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- 1 tbs coconut oil (or other cooking oil of your choice)
- salt, pepper, granulated garlic (to taste)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 bottle of red wine (I recommend a Cabernet)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 15oz can of plain tomato sauce
- Rinse off your short ribs and pat them dry.
- Most short ribs come in very long strips. If so, cut them in half into more manageable pieces. Liberally salt, pepper and garlic each side of your short ribs.
- In a large soup pot heat up your coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once you coconut oil has heated up, add in your short ribs. You might have to do this in two batched. We are going to sear each of the short ribs, so you don't want them to be crowded or stacked on top of one another.
- Brown your short ribs on all sides until the outsides have a nice light brown seared crust to them. Set aside.
- Chop up your onion, carrots and celery into small and similarly sized pieces. Add them to the bottom of your soup pot along with your minced garlic and cook them in the fat left over from searing off your short ribs.
- Allow the veggies to soften, and the onions to get nice and translucent.
- Add your short ribs to the pot along with the entire bottle of red wine. Add in your can of tomato sauce and your beef broth as well. Stir.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 hours with the lid on, stirring ocassionally. Once ready your short ribs should be extremely tender!
by Gina Marie