Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/roasted-cabbage-with-almond-sesame-sauce-herbs-the-21-day-sugar-detox-recap-week-one/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Roasted Cabbage With Almond Sesame Sauce & Herbs
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 2 tbs [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1Em3O36"]coconut oil[/aflink], melted
- salt, pepper, granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1wIlMfl"]salted almond butter[/aflink]
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tbs [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1w44c54"]coconut aminos[/aflink]
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachio meats
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop your cabbage into wedges. Remove as much of the core as your can. Place the wedges onto the foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with coconut oil. Spice up the wedges with salt, pepper and granulated garlic to your taste. I used each pretty liberally.
- Roast the cabbage for twelve minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, flip each piece of cabbage and put back in the oven to roast for an additional eight minutes.
- While your cabbage is roasting, make your almond sauce. In a small sauce pot, add your almond butter, water, lemon juice, coconut aminos and sesame oil. Stir it constantly as it heats up. Once it gets hot all of the ingredients will come together and it will turn into a creamy sauce. If the sauce is too thick, simply add more water a Tbs at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Remove the finished cabbage from the oven and drizzle with almond sauce. Top with fresh herbs and pistachio nut meats. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!