Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/roasted-kale-sprouts-apricots-bacon/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Roasted Kale Sprouts, Apricots & Bacon
- 1 lb. kale sprouts
- 4 medium apricots, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 Tbs. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1KKT6D4"]coconut oil[/aflink]
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 10 pieces of bacon, cooked until crispy then chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in your kale sprouts and coconut oil. Massage the coconut oil into the kale sprouts until they are well coated. Toss in your sliced up apricots and gently mix together. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour the kale and apricot mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Add the pieces of chopped up cooked bacon and distribute them throughout the mixture on the baking sheet. If your bacon is freshly cooked, you can also add it in at the end. But, if your bacon has cooled, I would highly recommend it go in the oven in order to crisp up and warm through.
- Place your baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the kale sprouts are a bit crispy and the fruit has softened.
- If you haven't added in your bacon, now is the time. Toss the bacon into the warm kale sprouts and hot fruit. Serve and enjoy!