Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/roasted-tomato-green-bean-caprese-salad/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Roasted Tomato & Green Bean Caprese Salad
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs trimmed green beans
- 5 medium sized tomatoes, chopped into large chunks (I used heirlooms and san marzano tomatoes, but you can combine any of your favorites and it will turn out great)
- 2 tbs.[aflink u="http://amzn.to/1QB4BB9"]olive oil[/aflink]
- 2 tbs. [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1FwFTBp"]balsamic vinegar[/aflink]
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1/2 cup [aflink u=" http://amzn.to/1FwFYoO"]garlic infused olive oil [/aflink]
- 1 8oz tub of fresh mozzarella balls (these will be packed in water)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Toss the green beans with the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar, allowing it to coat all the beans. Dump the beans onto the lined baking sheet and arrange them evenly. Add the tomatoes and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies for about 25 minutes. The tomatoes should soften and the green beans should be cooked, but still crunchy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Make your basil oil by adding your bunch of basil and the garlic infused olive oil to a blender. Blend on high, until the two come together to make a herb infused oil.
- Once the veggies have cooled a bit, drizzle them with the fresh basil oil, and add in the mozzarella balls. Serve and enjoy!