Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/slow-cooker-cuban-brisket-taco-bowls/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Slow-Cooker Cuban Brisket Taco Bowls
- 2 lbs beef brisket
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1dGK5Ss"]sea salt[/aflink], pepper, granulated garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1PgOreu"]cumin[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1zGHcuO"]cloves[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1GT6NAt"]ground ginger[/aflink]
- 1/4 tsp [aflink u="http://amzn.to/1EPXTnU"]cinnamon[/aflink]
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup [aflink u="https://soletshangout.com/how-to-make-roasted-beef-bone-broth-how-its-helping-me-heal-slow-cooker-pressure-cooker-instructions/"]beef broth[/aflink]
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- Greens (lettuce, spinach, kale-- whatever you like!)
- Segmented Orange Slices
- [aflink u="https://soletshangout.com/quick-pickled-red-onions-radishes/"]Quick Pickled Red Onions & Radishes[/aflink]
- Hot Sauce
- Lime Wedges
- Add the chopped up onions and garlic to the bottom of your slow cooker. Nestle the beef brisket on top of the onions and garlic. Liberally spice both sides of the brisket with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Add the cumin, cloves, ground ginger, and cinnamon to the pot. Make sure that it is spread out evenly over the meat if possible. Add the zest and the juice of 1 whole lime.
- Pour the orange juice and the beef broth into the pot and add the chunk of ginger root. Set the whole thing to cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done and easily shredded.
- Once the brisket is done if can be used to make taco bowls like I suggest in this post, eaten as a main dish, or added into traditional tacos. Use your imagination and enjoy!