Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/spaghetti-squash-pesto-pasta-with-chard-sun-dried-tomatoes-gluten-free-paleo-vegan-option/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Spaghetti Squash Pesto Pasta With Chard & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 jar of [aflink u="https://soletshangout.com/spinach-pepita-pesto-gluten-free-vegan-paleo-option/"]Spinach & Pepita Pesto[/aflink] (use the entire yield of this recipe)
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch of chard, chopped
- Olive oil, for roasting and for the pan
- Freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- Lay face up on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over the top and sprinkle some salt and pepper on each half.
- Put your squash in the oven to cook for 45-50 minutes. You will know it is done when a fork punctures the flesh of the squash easily.
- While your squash is cooking, make up a batch of this Spinach & Pepita Pesto
- Once you squash is done, set it aside and allow it to cool just enough so that you wont burn yourself while handling it.
- Heat up a little bit of olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Once your oil is hot, add in your chard and your sun dried tomatoes. Cook just enough for the chard to wilt and the tomatoes to become aromatic.
- Using a fork, scoop the flesh of the squash away from the skin. It should separate and look like noodles. Scoop it directly into the pan with the tomatoes and chard.
- Once all of your squash is in the pan, add in your pesto.
- Using a spaghetti rake, work the pesto into the spaghetti squash mixture until it is evenly distributed.
- Serve right away, and garnish with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.