Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/tropical-rock-shrimp-ceviche-with-pineapple-mango-lime/
© 2015 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
Tropical Rock Shrimp Ceviche With Pineapple, Mango & Lime
- 1 lb. peeled & deveined raw rock shrimp
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (can omit for autoimmune paleo)
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop up your peeled and deveined rock shrimp into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Combine your red onion, garlic and rock shrimp into a medium sized mixing bowl. Pour the lime and pineapple juice over the shrimp and stir together. Make sure that most to all of the shrimp is covered by the liquid, as this is how the shrimp is going to become "cooked".
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator to "cook" for at least 40 minutes, or until the shrimp turn from translucent to opaque.
- After your shrimp have become opaque, strain the shrimp and onion mixture and reserve 1.5 cups of the marinating liquid. Add in the chopped pineapple, mango, tomato and cilantro. Pour the reserved juice over the top of your ceviche and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Now, it's ready to serve! Eat it with chips, on a salad, or alone! There's lots of options. You can totally get creative. Enjoy!
by Gina Marie