Posted by Gina Mariehttps://soletshangout.com/watermelon-margaritas/
© 2013 So...Let's Hang Out. All rights reserved.
- 2 shots of silver tequila
- 1/2 shot of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 shot of triple sec
- 1 1/2 shots watermelon puree
- Coarse sea salt, for rim
- Wedge of watermelon and lime, for garnish
- Slice up part of your watermelon, remove the rind, and add a couple of slices to a blender. I used two large slices of watermelon, and it yielded about two cups of watermelon puree.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker. Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and watermelon puree to your shaker and shake vigorously.
- Salt the rim of your glass by running a lime wedge around the entire rim and then dipping the moistening lip of the glass into a shallow dish of sea salt.
- Add a couple of ice cubes to your salted rim glass, and pour the margarita from the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with a slice of watermelon and a lime wedge.
- If you want to prepare these as blended margaritas, forgo the shaker and put all of the ingredients into a blender and process on high. I would use approximately 10 ice cubes in the blended version. Serve in a salted glass.