1) It’s POPSICLE WEEK! That’s right. All week there are bloggers around the net popping off popsicle recipes and helping you get some of that sticky-end-of-the-popsicle-juice all over your chins. Who declared it Popsicle Week? Well, that would be Billy of Wit & Vinegar. There are 37 of us throwing recipes your way this week! You can find all of them HERE on Billy’s blog as they go up throughout the week.
If you’ve never been to his blog, I suggest you go. He’s hilarious and I kinda wish that we could get together and dunk some of these popsicles all up in some booze and just see what happens. We can talk about Mariah Carey and sing a lot of Vision of Love (um, yeah, so..that’s my Dad playing keyboards in that video–not kidding). There are lots of snacks, and sometimes we high five. At some point in the evening there are talks of learning all the choreography from Single Ladies, but after realizing we’ve had too many booze+ popsicle mash-ups, we just call it a day and play Scrabble. We show each other pictures of our dogs and tell stories about them like they’re our kids. The usual friendship things. Note: none of this has happened, it’s just a really weird fantasy that I happen to be sharing on the internet in front of all the people. Meh. Oh, well…
2) I didn’t own a popsicle mold until about a week ago. Obviously, I am still living in some kind of stone age where we all have AOL email addresses and use things like beepers. The thing is, I’m pretty sure these molds have been around pre-beepers and pre-car phones and definitely pre-dial-up. Whoa. I know. I just blew your mind. All in all, I’m late to the game. But, I’m so stinkin’ glad I’ve arrived! Should I put on my puff paint fanny pack for the occasion? Oh, shoot. Those are out too? I just can’t keep up. I will say that now that these ice pop molds have made their way into my kitchen I am tempted to POPSICLE ALL THE THINGS!!! Maybe even something savory? Do you think my husband would get miffed if I made soupsicles? Probably. Meatloafsicles? Yeah, no.
3) FACT: These here ice pops are delicious. I find that come summer, all I want to do is eat tubs of berries, and squeeze a little lime into some ginger beer. I also want to sit outside and not wear pants because it’s hot. Now, with this popsicle, you can do all those things at once. Yeah, it’s pretty much multitasking. Why not be efficient when it comes to putting things in our faces–ya know? The only thing not included in this popsicle-multitask situation is the nude outside sitting–but, feel free to bring one of these ice pops along for that adventure. Just know that you might get sticky in places you don’t usually get sticky.
If you’re feeling even more frisky you could add some booze to these pops. I would choose bourbon, well, because bourbon… but, also because it would be the popsicle version of THIS cocktail, which is AMAZETITS! Are we okay with the term amazetits? I just don’t think amazeballs should have all the fun. #yesallpopsicles
I hope you love these sweet and tart little pops as much as I do! Don’t forget to check out the rest of the POPSICLE WEEK contributions. More and more should be popping up daily, so check back frequently. Tell your friends. It’s on. xox
Ginger Berry Lime Ice Pops
- 1 bottle of ginger beer (I used Reed's Ginger Brew)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Juice from two limes
- 1 tbs honey
- Add all of your ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high until well combined.
- Pour your mixture into your popsicle molds per the instructions specific to your mold and allow to freeze all the way through for 6+ hours.
SHUP UP I CANT EVEN HANDLE HOW EFFING GOOD LOOKING THESE ARE. They’re totally the hot girl of the popsicle world, but like the unassuming nextdoor type that doesn’t even own a straightener, ugh. I love them. And Mariah. And your Billy fantasties. And your dad tickling the (electronic) ivories. And maybe even #AMAZETITS. Nope, I take it back, I hate that last one. But all the rest, yes forever. <3
Woohoo for popsicle week! I’m getting more and more self conscious of mine as I look at everyone’s gorgeous popsicles – these look so so good! I think I may actually try soupsicles this week.. it’s just too hot and I have some leftover soup in the fridge!
Love the flavors in these, so perfect for summer!!
i second the not wearing pants thing and eating tonnes of pops. especially of the pops are ginger berry lime pops!
These are so vibrant and pretty! The flavor combo sounds so delicious. I usually just use ginger beer for a Dark and Stormy, but I love the idea of putting it in a popsicle!
These sound (and look) fantastic! Amazetits!
These sound SO good! I love Reed’s and all of the goods you put in this and bourbon. I’m so glad I stopped my hipster music mix to have a moment with Mariah and check out all the sweet mullets in that video. I can’t believe you can say that’s your Dad on the keyboard (!!)
Oh don’t mind me here on the floor in a fit of giggles. I was still processing the possibility of dunking a dozen of these in a bourbon cocktail then your dad showed up and then everything got a bit out of control around amazetits. Which I’m 100% behind. Also 100% behind popsicling all the things. And these popsicles. Yum!
[…] Ginger Berry Lime Ice Pops via So…Let’s Hang […]
[…] 5. Ginger Berry Lime Ice Pops by So Let’s Hang Out […]
I agree with everything going on in this post. Ginger beer is possibly the best thing ever and I will drink anything if you add that to it. But – ginger + berries + lime?!?!?!? Ah, be still my heart. Ps I love you.
Sara! Yay! So glad you share my affection for ginger beer! Also, I heart your blog name. I could write the opposing blog Steak Over Cake. Whaddya-say? 😉 xo
Haha thanks! That would be my mom’s blog name as well. 😀 I’m the black sheep in my family.
Let’s do this next time I’m up there visiting but only if you have these and the mariah ready for me.
Uh, obviously. Mariah will be cued up. Booze in hand.
[…] Matcha Mochi Yogurt Pops from My Name Is Yeh Strawberry Basil Creamsicles from With Food And Love Ginger Berry Lime Pops from So…Let’s Hang Out Smoked Peaches & Cream Pops from A Little Saffron Raspberry […]
Theseeeeeeeeee are beautiful!! I want one.
[…] Ginger Berry Lime Ice Pops, from So Let’s Hang Out (use Zevia, or homemade ginger beer) […]
These look delicious. About how many popsicles did you get from the recipe?
[…] Ginger Berry Lime Ice Pops from So Let’s Hang Out […]
[…] With the warm temperatures some cool treats are needed, lava flow ice pops, citrus basil mojito pops, and ginger berry lime ice pops. […]