I’ve managed to convince the resident cookie monster / husband of the house to write this post. It wasn’t hard, I just had to feed him cookies. Enjoy a little post from Peter! 🙂
As my beautiful wife has created an increasing number of gluten-free desserts over the years, almond flour become one of my favorite ingredients. Almond flour has a richness normal flour can’t match, and when combined with simple sweeteners like maple syrup or honey, the results are delicious.
Baking with almond flour can be so simple. Our favorite chocolate chip cookies have roughly four or five ingredients in them, and they’re ready in under 15 minutes. So when looking for other recipes-so-simple-an-idiot-could-make-them, we came up with this Berry Cookie Trifle. As a self-proclaimed idiot in the kitchen, I can tell you they were easy. And delicious. And I may or may not be eating my third serving as I describe to you how they were made.
Using the cookie base of these unbelievably delicious Chocolate Almond Cookie Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches, all you need to do is mix up some coconut whipped cream, grab your favorite berries, and start throwing them in a devouring receptacle — aka bowl, mug, or your outstretched hands.
Once you pull the chocolate cookie base out of the oven, make sure it’s cooled. Throw a can of coconut cream into your mixer, add two tablespoons of maple syrup, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and you’re almost ready. Last, grab any berries you love — fresh or frozen. Using this trifecta of deliciousness, you can start layering any way you see fit. I’d recommend the standard and beautiful cookie, berry, cream, cookie berry cream, cookie crumble method. However, cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie, berry cream is also acceptable.
The result of this mixture, is a delicious cookies and cream blend that’s fit for any occasion such as dinner party dessert, sustenance during writing about this cookies and cream dessert, and enjoying the memories of that time you wrote about this cookies and cream dessert. Enjoy!
Grain-Free Cookies & Cream Trifle With Berries
- 1 Batch of sheet cookie from this recipe, follow the instructions through step 8.
- 1 14oz can of chilled coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 bag of frozen mixed berries, thawed (or two pints of fresh berries if they're in season!)
- Bake the cookies per the instructions in this recipe, following the instructions all the way through step 8.
- Thaw the frozen berries while the cookies cook. If you're using fresh berries, wash, prep and cut them up.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. While they are cooling, add the chilled coconut cream to a mixing bowl with the maple syrup, and blend together using a hand mixer until it resembled whipped cream.
- Layer the trifle in large mugs or pint sized mason jars. Crumbled up some of the sheet cookie for the bottom of the trifle, layer that with berries and layer the berries with cream. Repeat. Top with more cookie crumbles! Enjoy!
HOW DID I MISS THAT ICE CREAM SANDWICH POST. WTF, me? This looks amazeballs and you should definitely let the husband do more posts. Good stuffs!
Holy Yumness!! Hope you love birds had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!!