Hey, Friends! I hope you’re having a great week. I can’t believe we’re already on Episode THREE! Time flies when you’re having fun. I’m hooking you up with the show notes below, but if you wouldn’t mind, I have a favor to ask you! If you’re listening to our podcast, and you like what you hear, it would mean the world if you took the time to rate us and write a lil’ review on iTunes! It would really help a fledgling podcast like ours get a great start! Thanks so much! Now… onto the notes!!
- Gina had to face her EXTREME fears and give ALL the blood. So, she gives you the anxiety girl’s guide on surviving a blood draw. Even when no one gives you a cookie, and your phlebotomist is having an existential crisis.
- Don’t give yourself your own B-12 shots if you are afraid of needles. A cautionary tale, as proven around the 8:00 minute mark on this video.
- Beth got a new watch. She can text me from it. It’s the future and we’re a little scared.
- Summer is happening. We want to eat all the popsicles. We recommend these Roasted Blueberry & Lemony Yogurt Pops as well as these Bourbon Tea Lemonade Popsicles With Peaches! There’s also plenty of time for alllll the Ceviche, all the Poke, tons of Shrimp Tacos, and this dessert that includes both roasted fruit and cookies. Because, WIN!
- There’s stuff we wanna do this summer. Gina is lusting after beach house rentals and wanting to put her toes in the sand. Beth is going to Wanderlust to do all the yoga and hopefully not hide in her room.
- Beth spent her childhood summers camping all the places. Gina went to circus camp run by a hippie clown.
- Gina talks about periods. We let it happen. Her twelve year old self doesn’t want to hear the phrase “Shove it up there”. Ever.
- Are you taking a summer vacation on a restricted diet? We help you vacation like a pro and let you in on the food we like to pack when we’re traveling. Hint: Beth likes to smuggle all the canned salmon into Mexico and Gina consistently confuses her in-laws by showing up with homemade bone broth. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Have a question for us? Write to us here, and we’ll try to answer it on the air. xoxoxPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Great podcast this week. I noticed a little feedback or something with your voice though. Not sure what it was!
Hey Kelly! Thanks so much for listening. Yes, I know what you’re talking about. Beth’s headphones were on a little loud, so she was picking up my booming voice in her mic. Whoops. #newtopodcastingproblems
Ok… So I just started listening to your podcast. I have learned so much in such little time. I feel as if I’m a voyeur into people’s lives who grew up in the same era as I did and can relate to some of the same issues I’m having. I find that’s rare. My friends/coworkers are all healthy feeling, crap eating, baby making 30somethings. I am a crap feeling, healthy eating, no baby 30something. Here is my feedback thus far:
Episode One: I struggle with quiche. I don’t understand why something savory is in a pie formation. Pie is supposed to be sweet and delicious – not eggy. I love eggs, don’t get me wrong, but I struggle with food trying to be something it’s not. This also applies to an egg in a cupcake tin. No. I agree with you ladies. No to the smoothie bowl and a hell no to the watermelon cake – just make a fruit salad. I’d slap a B if that was my birthday cake.
Episode Two: This is where I realized this podcast might be NSFW. I busted out laughing so hard about the butt licking that co-works came to my cubicle to see what was going on. I had to lie and said I remembered a funny joke because I couldn’t talk to them about butts, much less butt lickage.
Episode Three: Along with all my food issues is terrible anxiety. It has morphed over the years, but the past 5 years has been a huge fear of passing out. In all honesty I had to stop listening to this podcast because I was not in a safe space and it was triggering anxiety. Again, probably NSFW, but I was definitely relating, until I wasn’t. 🙂
Episode Four: I just started this one and I’m so excited. Based solely on the photo that accompanied it on instagram from Cosmo. I stopped reading that magazine years ago because of it’s ridiculousness. I love that it’s censored at Walmart.
Anyway. Keep up the good work ladies. I’m thoroughly enjoying your convos and gossip even if they have occasionally induced panic.
Amy, this comment is maybe my favorite thing ever. I read it to Beth and we were just like YAY! I’m stoked that you’re laughing and enjoying our ridiculousness. I’m also 100% sorry for the listener anxiety on episode three. If it makes you feel better, I WAS COLD SWEATING when Beth was telling her blood draw story. Like, dizzy and everything. You weren’t alone. If you are uncomfortable, I probably am too. 😉 Anywho, we totes love you. Thanks so much for listening. xoxox